Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Trailer for the new season of Moog Sound Lab on their website, which also includes the
version of our song "Krautwerk," that we played/taped at the factory back in March
which you can hear for the entire duration of the trailer. It's pretty awesome!
Thanks so much to Jason Daniello, Mike Adams & everyone else at Moog Musi
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Hey, So long time no communicate! I have posted a new review from Dusted Magazine's great "Still Single," column. ALSO, Cloudland Canyon has been asked to play at this yearsAustin Psych Fest which is curated by the insanely amazing, Black Angels. It's going to be amazing! Cloudland Canyon will be touring before and afterwards with more amazing bands!
The lineup, ticket info for PSYCH FEST etc. can be found;http://www.austinpsychfest.com/#/lineup/saturday
Galaxie 500 covers from what seems like a logical pairing of bands, both for the covers and a split, though I’ve heard just a little from either group. Citay take on “Tugboat” with great respect for the Galaxie vibe, a pretty straight tribute, and there’s a towering guitar solo that seals the deal. Cloudland Canyon get appropriately blissed out with their version of “Temperature’s Rising,” more abstract and smeared in a way that connects the dots over to MBV and Spacemen 3. Should be a fan pleaser, but first, for gosh sakes, go after those recent Galaxie reissues if you need to and haven’t already. (http://www.intercoastalartists.com)
Sunday, January 23, 2011
KCRW Broadcast 99
We got a thing going on tonight! Check it out. This is an interesting show. It goes all over the place and even features a couple of songs that are pretty difficult to obtain.
The Welders track is from a 4 track EP coming out at some point, if it’s not out already. It’s an all girl band from Missouri I believe. They recorded the EP in 1979 and it’s only coming out now. I don’t know why. They sent it to me and I played it in my kitchen and knew immediately it had to be on our show. The Bloody Amateur is at this point, a one-man band in the form of Andy Comer of Teenbeat band Tel Aviv. I don’t know how many times I have played those albums. Anyway, Andy and I keep in touch and a few months ago, he told me he had started writing and recording again under this new heading. He sent me some new ideas the other day and I asked if I could play tonight’s track and he said yes. So, lucky us. Later on tonight, we will listen to one of my favorite Tel Aviv tracks.
Interesting Nick Cave track from the Le Peuple Migrateur Soundtrack CD. New Medications album on Dischord, perhaps my favorite of their three releases. Great stuff. New James Chance record gets an airing here tonight.
Another smasher from Stonehelm! Load your pipe and believe the hype! Cool track the Stark Reality album. It was just sent to me, I don’t know anything about them yet. I dug it and thought you all might want to check a track from it. Great archival release from Dischord with the Artificial Peace ’81 Sessions LP. It comes with a download card. That one’s at Dischord.com. I am loving this one.
Cool Re-issue Alert Dept.: Dr. Strange Records has re-issued all the Chiefs songs on limited edition LP. It sounds great!
Liza Richardson always plays cool jams on her show. She scooped me like a pail full of sand on this great Music Of Siam CD. I finally got my own after hearing her blasting cool tracks on her show. Now, we catch up. Great album!
I don’t know what else to tell you, Fanatic besides get close up on this show, dig the waves of jamaliciousness, it being Jamuaury and STAY FANATIC!!!
E-mail address for Henry: Henryontheradio@gmail.com
01. Ween - Where'd The Cheese Go At? / Unreleased
02. The Dickies - Give It Back / The Incredible Shrinking Dickies
03. The Welders - Pervert / The Welders EP
04. Bloody Amateur - Companions 1.5 / Unreleased
05. Nick Cave - To Be By Your Side / Le Peuple Migrateur Soundtrack
06. Medications - We Could Be Others / Completely Removed
07. Swell Maps - Let's Build A Car (Single Version) / Jane From Occupied Europe
08. David Bowie - Running Gun Blues / The Man Who Sold The World
09. Cloudland Canyon - Clearlight Intry / Requiems Der Natur 2002-2004
10. James Chance & Terminal City - The Street With No Name / The Fix Is In
11. The Specials - Monkey Man / The Specials
12. Hawkwind - Orgone Accumulator / Space Ritual
13. Tel Aviv - We Got The Computers / The Shape Of Fiction
14. Stonehelm - Zombie Apocalypse / Stonehelm
15. Stark Reality - Rocket Ship / Now
16. Public Image Ltd. - Low Life / Public Image Ltd.
17. The Fall - Beatle Bones 'N' Smokin' Stones / Complete Peel Sessions
18. Comets On Fire - Holy Teeth / Avatar
19. Artificial Peace - Suburban Wasteland / Complete Session November 81
20. The Chiefs – Tower 18 / Holly-West Crisis
21. Various Artists - Cleaning This Highway / Prison Worksongs
22. The Ruts - West One (Shine On Me) / The Punk Singles Collection
23. Thin Lizzy - Black Boys On The Corner / Vagabonds, Kings, Warriors, Angels
24. Waipod Phetsuphan - Ding Ding Dong / The Sounds Of Siam 1964-1975
25. The Jesus & Mary Chain - Upside Down / The Power Of Negative Thinking
26. Butch Willis & The Rocks - I'll Never Be The Same Again / Repeats
27. Family Fodder - Don't Get Me High / Classical Music